Differences in Math Calculation
Essential Question: How does dyscalculia affect students in your classroom/content?
- I can…
- reflect on my experience of having dyscalculia and share my experiences using a new strategy.
- share my experiences using a new strategy.
- infer how dyscalculia can affect performance in other content areas.
- generate a list of possible strategies to support students with dyscalculia.
- Back 2 Back/Face 2 Face
- Calculation Simulation
- Sequencing Simulation
- Visual/Spatial Simulation
- Visual Perception Simulation
- Dyscalculia: Numberphile - Frayer
- PBS Misunderstood Minds: Difficulties with Mathematics article
- Don Deshler: "How can Learning Affect a Child's Emotions?" video
- Google Classroom Reading Response - due May 13
Readings & Articles:
Dyscalculia: ‘maths dyslexia’ or why so many children struggle with numbers
January 24, 2019 5.26am EST
What Teachers Need to Know about Dyscalculia
by Jill Staake